This Summer I am Mostly...

Today's post feels a little forced. Maybe because it's essentially a complain, the writing of which is at odds with the euphoria of organising my music but being distracted by listening to Disney...

Anyway, this Summer, I am mostly... ...doing nothing. I failed to get a summer job and a place in Southampton, so I moved back to my parents' and... ...failed to get a summer job. And, Lord, how I wish I was back in Southampton doing the same nothing. Because there, I have friends and Chaplaincy, and any level of activity I wish in walking distance. Constant textual contact with a few friends (one much more than others) has of course been a great comfort, but I still long for September to start.

I think in my first and second years I did tend to do, by and large, as little as I am now — but then at least I still had friends, coursemates, flatmates, GameSoc, pubs, etc. etc. I think I've changed in this respect — I have to be reasonably busy now — sure, I can curse busy-ness when I have it and it makes me fail to watch TV I want to, but really, I crave it. I certainly do now.

But thankfully, a few weeks ago, there was an oasis of activity in this long stretch of boredom — a jolly to London with some of my very dearest friends. But I think I'll write that up tomorrow, when I'm not sleepy, sweaty, dopey, warm, or any of the not-positive dwarfs, so as to do it proper justice. It'll probably cheer me up no end also. So...

...next time: the jolliest of jollies.

2 comments:

  1. And when will we catch up, Barnes Wallace?

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling. blogged. this is sad times. sorry rubbish at the texting today. chat tomorrow. looking forward to tomorrow's blog... night darling. x

    ReplyDelete