Yes, I've returned — I have kept two previous 'blogs. The first was as part of my Sixth Form website, FirePretty, with my dear friends. Over about two years, I made 53 posts, which is average two a month. I then moved on to my own private blog for the beginning of uni, and made a dozen posts in four months. But, the thing is, a lot of that was utterly rubbish — inane, inconsequential, and just poor quality. I made a few good posts, like a review of a House competition at school.
And then I spent more than two years without blogging, and didn't miss it at all. So why start again?
I graduated (with a 2:2 BAHons in Philosophy) last month, but I've had to move back to my parents', since I have no job and therefore no place in my home, Southampton. But in September, I move back home, to take up an internship at my church. My new supervisor asked me in one of our chats to keep an internship blog. I thought that'd be pretty cool. Also, I'm now very, very bored at my family homestead, so I thought I could share things with unnamed, unfaced internet readers. Or, hopefully, my friends.
I'm not going to going into great depths about hardships of being here (that's another post), but, instead, I'm going to consider what my reasons are for blogging. Boredom's not enough justification. Is this a sort of personal therapy? I suppose it is somewhat. I think I also just like to write. I can also talk about me loads. And, even if no-one reads, I've talked. Hurrah. Maybe it can help me feel like I'm connected to my home and friends, somehow. Maybe I'm contributing something to humanity by sharing my thoughts. I very much doubt that though.
I've typed this all in one go, and now I'm going to take darling's advice and publish it without editing. See what happens. By the way, if you read, do let me know by commenting (preferably, facebookites, on blogger)
Next time:
No comments:
Post a Comment